With the ever-growing popularity of social media, the need to understand social media marketing has become integral for businesses. Even if social media isn’t your cup of tea, you can be certain that a significant proportion of your customers are using at least one form of it (probably on a daily basis!).
There’s no better place to look than social media marketing blogs if you’re after tips and advice for how to best connect with your customers on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
If you don’t know where to start, here’s our roundup of the top ten blogs you should start reading today!
Do you have a favorite social media marketing blog that we missed? Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add your recommended blog to our list!
When it comes to blogs with a voice of authority, Moz is right up there. Featuring “advice, research, how-tos, and insights,” from social media experts and marketers, you can be assured you’ll leave more knowledgeable. Make sure to also check out their weekly “Whiteboard Friday” explainer videos (complete with transcript) which have a cult-like following.
Three posts we like from Moz:
- The Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
- How to Identify an Online Community for Your Business
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up and Growing Your YouTube Presence
Social Media Today is one of the go-to resources for those in social media – and those trying to wrap their heads around it! The blog is filled with all of the latest social media news, concepts, statistics, and trends presented in both article-form and visually-pleasing infographics.
Three posts we like from Social Media Today:
- Understanding The Difference Between ‘Micro-Influencers’ and ‘Mega-Influencers’
- 2018 Email Marketing Goals [Infographic]
- 6 Lies Content Marketers Tend to Tell
You can trust that a company that’s all about social media follow buttons knows what they’re talking about when it comes to all things social media. ShareThis’ blog will teach you how to master each and every form of social media to better connect with your customers by improving your social media engagement levels.
Three posts we like from Share This:
- How to use WhatsApp to generate more site traffic
- 25 proven, simple ways to get (real!) followers on Pinterest in 2018
- The best time to post on Instagram by day, niche, and more
You’ll be glad you started reading this highly practical social media resource. With articles organized into four categories: tools and tips; news & noise; movers & makers; and cases & causes, you’ll have all your bases covered when it comes to making an impact with your company’s social media presence.
Three posts we like from Social Media Explorer:
- These Top Email Marketing Tools Can Boost Your Social Media ROI
- Using a Strong Brand to Create Your Own Social Media Funnel
- The Most Overlooked Email Marketing Strategies of 2018
Social Media Examiner makes it easy to catch up to speed about social media with their all-encompassing guides to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. In each guide, there are numerous resources to develop your knowledge. You can even listen to their useful podcasts to learn more about social media while you work!
Three posts we like from Social Media Examiner:
Want to learn more about how to tap into Pinterest’s diverse and engaged audience? Look no further than the Tailwind blog, which will teach you impressive techniques and strategies for traffic generation, how to make use of Pinterest in your social media strategy, and how to grow your own Pinterest following.
Three posts we like from the Tailwind blog:
- How to Get Followers on Pinterest – The Latest Best Practices
- Instagram Hashtag Research: How to Find Great Hashtags Fast
- How to Use Instagram Story Polls for Fun, Engagement, and Marketing
Convince and Convert is an analysis and advisory firm focused on digital marketing strategies that has a mammoth social media blog to its name. On their blog you’ll find everything from case studies of brands successfully using social media, to strategies about how to develop your social media game.
Three posts we like from Convince and Convert:
- How to Build a Social Campaign for a Hard-to-Reach Audience
- 10 Creative Ways Companies Are Using Snapchat
- 13 Ingredients in the Perfect Social Media Contest
As one of the world’s most popular social media management platforms, Buffer’s social media advice is on the money. Their blog posts are known for being in-depth and well-researched, so you’ll find it hard to stop at one article
Three posts we like from Buffer:
- Are You Listening? The 20 Best Social Media Monitoring Tools
- How to Gain a Massive Following on Instagram: 10 Proven Tactics To Grow Followers and Engagement
- How the Twitter Timeline Works (and 6 Simple Tactics to Increase Your Reach)
Written by digital content strategist Donna Moritz, Socially Sorted is loved for its down-to-earth tone and intriguing insights into social media. The posts are easy to read and well-formatted – two features which certainly help when you’re new to the game. We guarantee you’ll find something to chew on in this popular blog.
Three posts we like from Socially Sorted:
- 7 Small Business Social Media Strategies To Focus On In 2018
- 5 Ways To Be Like These Wine Businesses Crushing Social Media Marketing
- 10 Awesome Social Media Tools I’m Crushin’ On Right Now
If Instagram has always gone over your head, Susan B. Zimmerman’s blog is the answer to all of your questions. Focused entirely on Instagram, the social media application that businesses are scrambling to leverage, you’ll become somewhat of an Instagram expert if you keep updated with this comprehensive blog.
Three posts we like from Sue B. Zimmerman: